Home Remedies for Carpet Cleaning
Whether you have kids or not, carpets get stained. Everyday life is complicated and no matter how much you are careful with not spilling anything on your carpets, you can’t avoid it. Carpet cleaning services can be very pricey and might take a long time to clean your carpets. A carpet cleaning service can do an amazing job but there home carpet stain solutions are products that be found in the counters in every kitchen or storage.
I know it might have an unpleasant odor but it can do wonders for your carpet. Ammonia can remove stains from your carpets and upholstery immediately. Grab a sponge and mix a solution of a cup of clear ammonia in 2 liters of warm water. Leave the solution to dry out. Repeat the process if necessary.
Vinegar has numerous cleaning powers and those powers extend to carpets too. There are different solutions you can go for:
- If you get coffee or tea stains on your carpet just grab some water and combine it with white vinegar. Rub the spot until the stain disappears.
- Fruit stains can be removed by mixing a single tablespoon laundry detergent with one and a half a tablespoon of white vinegar. Add these to two cups of water. Rub the solution and blot it.
- Dark and pigmented stains are removed by adding two tablespoons of borax to vinegar.
- Dirt stains, even though it’s tricky, can be removed by making a paste from a single tablespoon of vinegar with a tablespoon cornstarch. By using a dry cloth, rub the paste in. After that, let the paste sit for two days and vacuum the residue.
- Paint can be removed by mixing a solution of one and a half teaspoons of vinegar, two cups of water and one and a half teaspoons of laundry detergent. Grab a sponge and rub the paint away with cold water. If you leave the paint to dry, it will set it and It will become stiff.
You don’t have to scold your little one for spilling the juice bottle on the carpet. If you have any kind of shaving cream, you have nothing to worry about. Start by blotting the stain, with a wet sponge, pat the spot and add some shaving cream to it. After that, wipe it with a wet sponge. This can also be applied on oil stains. Just take the shaving cream, add it to the stain, leave it to dry and with a soft damp piece of cloth rub everything off.
Salt can be a very powerful solution for rubbing stains off of carpets. This product can remove even the most stubborn stains.
- Red wine stains can be very difficult to remove. That’s when salt steps in. Make sure that the stain is still fresh, add some white wine on it to cancel out the redness. After that, clean the spot with some cold water with a sponge. Over the stain, take some salt and sprinkle it. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Take a vacuum and remove the residue.
- Grease can be removed by mixing up a part salt to four parts of rubbing alcohol. Rub hard on the grease stains. Remember to rub in the natural director of the rub because it might damage it.
- Ketchup spills can be easily removed once they are taken care of before they dry. If the stain dries, it would be almost impossible to remove. Add salt to the stain and leave it for a few minutes. Vacuum the residue.
Beer can remove coffee and tea stains in a matter of minutes. Pour beer on the stain and rub lightly into the material. This process would need repeating a few times to remove every single trace of the stain.
A mixture of milk with cornstarch will be a lifesaver in case you get ink stains on your carpet. Take the paste and apply on the stain directly. After that, let the mixture to dry for an hour or two. When the mixture dries out completely, vacuum it with a vacuum cleaner. This paste is also great for cleaning grease stains. To remove grease stains, repeat the same steps.
Take some water and dampen the stain. Rub borax into the damper area. The area needs to dry, vacuum it and blot it with vinegar and soapy water. Again, let the area dry. If you need, repeat the process. Make sure to test this solution a tiny corner of the carpet to see if it won’t do damage to it.
You have not probably heard of this but you clean ink or other stubborn stains with just spraying WD-40. Let the solution for a minute or two. After that, take a sponge and lukewarm soapy water, wash the stain until it’s completely gone.
Baking soda is one of the fastest and most potent homemade cleaning products there is. This is especially good for removing urine or vomit stains from the carpet. Wipe everything that you can, add the baking soda on the stained area and slowly start patting it with a paper towel. The baking soda needs to dry all the way before it needs to be vacuumed. Baking soda will not only clean the area, it will also sanitize and deodorize the nasty smell.
If you are a pet owner, you know the struggle of pee stains. They look awful and smell awful. Well, no worries, club soda is here to help. Believe it or not, club soda removes stains from the carpet. Start by blotting the urine with paper towels and scrub the area with some carpet shampoo. Club soda is also amazing for removing tea or coffee stains.
These amazing carpet cleaning products will be an amazing alternative for those expensive services or toxic artificial cleaning products. Everybody can find these supplies at low prices and keep their carpets clean and fresh with no fuss. Forget the expensive carpet cleaning services and use these natural carpet cleaning products. Learn more about our cleaning tips by visiting our blogs, we cover eveything from wood floor cleaning to spring cleaning tips.